Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Crazy 8s!

If anything was possible what 8 crazy things would you create or influence?


Welcome back to another design thinking process blog!

All of these posts in this series with the MIT2020 label have been inspired by the great leadership and instruction of Maniakalani and are designed to document my journey as a member of the MIT2020 team.

The final task for our hui was to generate solutions to create for the identified challenge. We did this using the Crazy 8 system designed to get thinking on the page and overcome blockages ( eg. writers block).

We were given 8 sections on a page in which we would brainstorm 8 ways to action a solution to our challenge.


In reflection most of my 'actions' were the pre-process to the ideas for a digital tool that I could create. I also believe that any great ideas that I would wish to create would be clearly identified through further research. In this light I totally missed the intent of the exercise as none of my solutions were either crazy or even solutions. I also only did 6!








After we had brainstormed our ideas, we all gave feedback to each others ideas by putting blue sticky dots on the ideas that we liked or thought would be most successful in the context. We then went around a second time and identified the one best current solution.



It was a validating and a worthy exercise to get feedback and to 'dot plot' the popularity of our ideas.

As this was the final task, I want to say a big thank you to the amazing MIT team. Thank you for your feedback, ideas and encouragement. It  was incredible to meet, work, think and relax with you!
Can't wait till next time!






2 comments:

  1. This sounds such an exciting opportunity and process to be working through Alethea! Love the sound of the Crazy 8 system ... you and I need to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gary,
    Sorry for the late reply. I would love to try the crazy 8 system out in other areas to generate ideas too!

    ReplyDelete