Search This Blog

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Why, why, why, why, why?

Kia ora!

This post is another in a series following my MIT ( Maniakalani Innovative Teacher) journey through the design thinking process. If it is the first time you have visited this blog please come along for the ride. I would also value your thoughts and feedback, so please feel welcome to add any ideas to the comments below.

The Five Whys

After creating a proposal outlining the challenge impacting achievement, I was partnered up with the lovely Jo Gormly to look below the surface and investigate the root causes beneath this issue.

The challenge with its following flow of questions is listed below.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining this process so well Alethea. I think Jo was a great support asking smart questions and probing the WHY. Your open-to-learning attitude made this a worthwhile experience.g
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy! And thank you for putting together the HMW and these 5 Why panels!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Alethea. What a great topic to investigate, I am sure many teachers have struggled with this, why won't children listern to each other? I look forward to your ongoing inquiry and look forward to you sharing your findings with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing what this project will turn up too! ...and I'm feeling very encouraged by all the comments!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your 5 Why’s. I feel like your identified problem is a very real thing that lots of us are experiencing on a daily basis. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. The design process you go through will be great to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey for commenting! I really appreciate you voicing validation on my choice of challenge. I did agonise over it! :D

      Delete