Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Learning Through Listening

Do your students look at you blankly?
Do they speak to you during group sessions and not to each other?
Are they in tune with what you say and don't take each other's ideas seriously? 

These are some of the challenges that I believed needed addressing in the classroom and wanted to create something that would teach children how to engage with each others ideas.

What skills do we expect children to do naturally that could be explicitly taught?

I have created a site that breaks down the individual skills to listening and engagement. This includes the resources and assessments I am developing along with some modelling videos.

You can access the site through the link below:

Learning Through Listening



I would very much appreciate your feedback using the link found at the bottom of each page as I am still developing this resource and would like to make it as helpful and applicable to your classrooms as possible.

Nga mihi nui!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Alethea, I can't wait for more videos! Have you shared this video with your class?

    ReplyDelete